You Can Enroll in Medicare Health and Drug Plans from October 15 – December 7
If you’re 65 and older, get ready for this year’s Medicare’s Open Enrollment with these 5 tips:
- Check your mail. You may get important notices from Medicare or Social Security. If you’re in a Medicare plan, you’ll get an Annual Notice of Changes (ANOC). Note any 2021 changes to your health coverage or any Extra Help you may get to pay for prescription drugs. You may also get health plan marketing materials, like brochures, from insurance companies that offer Medicare health and prescription drug plans. Remember — plans aren’t allowed to call or come to your home without an invitation from you.
- Review your 2021 “Medicare & You” handbook. It has information about Medicare coverage, as well as Medicare plans in your area. If you get your handbook by mail and want to get your next copy electronically, choose to go paperless next fall.
- Think about your Medicare coverage needs for 2021. Carefully review your Medicare coverage materials during Medicare Open Enrollment. Note any changes in 2021 costs or benefits. Decide if your current Medicare coverage will meet your needs for the year ahead. If you like your current coverage and it’s still available for 2021, you don’t need to take any action.
- Preview 2021 health and prescription drug plans. Medicare Plan Finder makes it easy to compare coverage options and shop for health plans. For a personalized search, log in or create an account (if you have a Medicare Number) to create or access a list of your drugs, compare your current Medicare plan to others, and see prices based on any help you get with drug costs.
- Get personalized help here at Martin Insurance Agency in Millersville, PA. Our health insurance agent & counselor Karen Conley can help you better understand your options so that you can make the right choice. Call and make an appointment with Karen today! 717-872-7756